We are using F-Secure 5.x to pull some data files from VMware ESX
Server 2.5.1, the file transfers work fine, we happend to be using a
host/user public-private key method to authenticate. This works fine
too. The odd thing is that the SFTP2 commandline executable reports
error code 4, BUT... the file transfer was successful. Error code 4
says the daemon dropped the connection? But this just is not true, our
download worked! Anyone seen this before?

Oh, we also do a lot of SSH2 command-line using F-Secure 5.x and we get
the error codes we expect if something is wrong, it is only with SFTP2
that we see this odd return value.