hello,

I just can't get the sshd to start as a windows service. It starts just
fine by hand - /usr/sbin/sshd.exe - and I can ssh in no problem, but I
can't get sshd running as a service:
$ cygrunsrv.exe --list --verbose
Service : sshd
Current State : Stopped
Command : /usr/sbin/sshd.exe
stdin path : /dev/null
stdout path : /var/log/sshd.log
stderr path : /var/log/sshd.log
Process Type : Own Process
Startup : Automatic
Account : LocalSystem
$ cygrunsrv.exe --start sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error
1062:
The service has not been started.

I googled up this suggestion:

cygrunsrv --install sshd --path /usr/sbin/sshd.exe -e "CYGWIN=tty
ntsec" -d "Cygwin SSHD" -1 /var/log/sshd.log -2 /var/log/sshd.log -t
manual -y Tcpip -a '-e -D'

But I get the same error 1062. It really isn't all that important, just
an annoying detail. I've successfully used rsync/ssh to backup portions
of my linux box to a large (and Cheap!) WD USB2 drive, so I would say I
have a 99% success rate. Still, that darn service...

Some possibly useful data: I am a member of the administrator group,
the windows OS is updated, brand new cygwin install.

thanks for any suggestions,
jim