SSH unable to connect - SSH

This is a discussion on SSH unable to connect - SSH ; Hi, I am having a problem doing an ssh to any box from a TRU64 machine. What is strange is the problem only exists if I do an ssh as any other user than root. As root I am able ...

  1. SSH unable to connect

    Hi,
    I am having a problem doing an ssh to any box from a TRU64 machine.
    What is strange is the problem only exists if I do an ssh as any other
    user than root.
    As root I am able to do the ssh but as any other user in the system I
    get error.
    As any other user I am unable to even get the version info.

    $ ssh -v
    debug: SshAppCommon/sshappcommon.c:185: Allocating global SshRegex
    context.
    ssh: FATAL: pipe: Permission denied
    $ ssh -V
    ssh: FATAL: pipe: Permission denied

    is the error i get

    Please help me in this regards
    Thanks in advance
    Mohan

  2. Re: SSH unable to connect

    Please ignore this as the problem is resolved now.

    Regards
    Mohan

  3. Re: SSH unable to connect

    On 2005-11-23, dare_eagle@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Please ignore this as the problem is resolved now.

    Great, but it's considered good form to also mention how it was resolved,
    so if someone else finds this thread in the future they'll also find the
    solution :-)

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

  4. Re: SSH unable to connect

    Darren
    The problem was with the permission in /dev/pipe, /dev/random & /
    /dev/urandom
    once the rw permission was given to it the problem got resolved

    Thanks
    Mohan

+ Reply to Thread