SSH Command Formating w/Output pipe - SSH

This is a discussion on SSH Command Formating w/Output pipe - SSH ; I am trying to get a ssh command to run on one machine from another, but I would like the output from the command to be wrote to a text file on the machine executing the command. i.e.: (Command run ...

  1. SSH Command Formating w/Output pipe

    I am trying to get a ssh command to run on one machine from another,
    but I would like the output from the command to be wrote to a text
    file on the machine executing the command.

    i.e.:

    (Command run on CPU2)

    ssh cpu1@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx "ls -l /tmp/isthefilethere.txt" > /tmp/output
    (On CPU2)

    This works, but the command doesn't get piped in the /tmp/output.

    Am I missing something along the way, or did I forget a '-something' ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: SSH Command Formating w/Output pipe

    Doug Luurs wrote:
    > ssh cpu1@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx "ls -l /tmp/isthefilethere.txt" > /tmp/output
    > (On CPU2)
    >
    > This works, but the command doesn't get piped in the /tmp/output.
    >
    > Am I missing something along the way, or did I forget a '-something' ?

    AFAICS the command should work as expected. Do you get the correct
    output on STDOUT when omitting the redirection (a pipe is something
    completely different)? Anything in the logs, maybe?

    cu
    59cobalt
    --
    "Another option [for defragmentation] is to back up your important files,
    erase the hard disk, then reinstall Mac OS X and your backed up files."

  3. Re: SSH Command Formating w/Output pipe

    On 17 Nov 2005 17:34:23 GMT, Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers
    wrote:

    >Doug Luurs wrote:
    >> ssh cpu1@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx "ls -l /tmp/isthefilethere.txt" > /tmp/output
    >> (On CPU2)
    >>
    >> This works, but the command doesn't get piped in the /tmp/output.
    >>
    >> Am I missing something along the way, or did I forget a '-something' ?

    >AFAICS the command should work as expected. Do you get the correct
    >output on STDOUT when omitting the redirection (a pipe is something
    >completely different)? Anything in the logs, maybe?
    >
    >cu
    >59cobalt

    I just stupid (Brainfart) .. Was trying to call it from a database
    appl. Never thought of executing the command "before" calling the
    database appl. DOH !

    I swear .. my only excuse is a LONG week .. hehe

    Thanks Anyway People !

+ Reply to Thread