X.509 certificate chains and SSH - SSH

This is a discussion on X.509 certificate chains and SSH - SSH ; Hello, Does anybody know if it is possible to authenticate SSH peer with certificate chain rather than with a single X.509 certificate? With best regards, Innokentiy Ivanov...

  1. X.509 certificate chains and SSH

    Hello,

    Does anybody know if it is possible to authenticate SSH peer with
    certificate chain rather than with a single X.509 certificate?

    With best regards,
    Innokentiy Ivanov

  2. Re: X.509 certificate chains and SSH

    II> Hello, Does anybody know if it is possible to authenticate SSH
    II> peer with certificate chain rather than with a single X.509
    II> certificate?

    Yes, depending on the software you're using. The SSH protocol has the
    requisite support. OpenSSH does not have this feature, but various
    commercial products do, including Tectia (http://www.ssh.com/) and
    SecureCRT/VShell (http://www.vandyke.com/).

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

  3. Re: X.509 certificate chains and SSH

    Hello!
    You wrote on 07 Nov 2005 17:26:24 -0500:

    RES> Yes, depending on the software you're using. The SSH protocol has the
    RES> requisite support. OpenSSH does not have this feature, but various
    RES> commercial products do, including Tectia (http://www.ssh.com/) and
    RES> SecureCRT/VShell (http://www.vandyke.com/).

    Thank you very much, I will try them.

    With best regards,