why I do not see others command ?? - SSH

This is a discussion on why I do not see others command ?? - SSH ; Hi, I and my friend access in a linux(debian) sever using SSH from office .. We both go to root level to change configuration whenever needed. As we both using root so if one login with root and give history ...

  1. why I do not see others command ??

    Hi,

    I and my friend access in a linux(debian) sever using SSH from office
    ..
    We both go to root level to change configuration whenever needed.
    As we both using root so if one login with root and give history
    command he should see the commands that are given by both users.

    But after giving history command I only see my commands and my
    friend only see his commands ?? Why this happen .

    Why I do not see commands that are given by another ??

    Please help .Thankx.

  2. Re: why I do not see others command ??

    On 2005-11-02, learnq wrote:

    > We both go to root level to change configuration whenever needed.
    > As we both using root so if one login with root and give history
    > command he should see the commands that are given by both users.
    >
    > But after giving history command I only see my commands and my
    > friend only see his commands ?? Why this happen .

    Maybe your foreground colour is set the same as his background colour
    and so on.

    > Why I do not see commands that are given by another ??

    This is to do with the shell - nothing to do with SSH.
    I prefer not to use a history mixed with somebody else's commands.

    http://www.notatla.org.uk/goen/
    Powergen write "Why not stay with us" - let me count the ways!

  3. Re: why I do not see others command ??

    try using "vi .bash_history", unless you actually log out, then log
    back in, you are logged into different shells.

+ Reply to Thread