[Q] Eudora SSL Negotiation fails - SSH

This is a discussion on [Q] Eudora SSL Negotiation fails - SSH ; Hi All, my Eudora (6.2.5.6 - sponsored mode) has stopped downloading mail since I installed the F-Secure Internet Security 2006 package. When donloading, the program stays for a while at "Logging into POP Server". There is no visible traffic. The ...

  1. [Q] Eudora SSL Negotiation fails

    Hi All,

    my Eudora (6.2.5.6 - sponsored mode) has stopped downloading mail
    since I installed the F-Secure Internet Security 2006 package.

    When donloading, the program stays for a while at "Logging into POP
    Server". There is no visible traffic.
    The following two error messages come up:

    "<...>, Logging into POP server, CAPA [..:.:.. :M]
    SSL negotiation failed. Certificate bad. Destination host does not
    match host name in certificate. But ignoring this Certificate because
    Certificate ist trusted. Cause: (1814)"

    "<...>,Logging into POP Server,CAPA ..:..:.. ..M]
    Error reading from network. Cause: Connection aborted due to timeout
    or other failure (10053)"

    This happenes to all personalities I tried.

    The personalities worked before, when using Symantec Internet Security
    (wich was removed before f-Secure got installed)

    For a quick trial I deinstalled F-Secure and tried Eudora. It worked
    fine (except of the missing protection of course).

    Then I installed F-Secure again and the problem came up again.

    Sending of mail is ok - no problem at all.

    What can I do to solve the problem?

    With best regards from Osnabrueck,
    Uwe
    --
    Sachkunde kann eine lebhafte Diskussion nur behindern

  2. Re: [Q] Eudora SSL Negotiation fails

    This newsgroup is about SSH, not SSL.

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

  3. Re: [Q] Eudora SSL Negotiation fails

    Richard!
    On 30 Oct 2005 22:19:38 -0500, "Richard E. Silverman"
    wrote:

    >This newsgroup is about SSH, not SSL.

    I am sorry.
    I am not far enough in the matter to even know the difference between
    SSH and SSL.

    With apologies for any inconvenience caused,
    Uwe
    --
    Sachkunde kann eine lebhafte Diskussion nur behindern

  4. Re: [Q] Eudora SSL Negotiation fails

    "Uwe Stoeckel" wrote in message
    > Richard!
    > On 30 Oct 2005 22:19:38 -0500, "Richard E. Silverman"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>This newsgroup is about SSH, not SSL.

    > I am sorry.
    > I am not far enough in the matter to even know the difference between
    > SSH and SSL.
    >
    > With apologies for any inconvenience caused,
    > Uwe

    No problem, it happens. You're less likely to get a good answer, though. I
    don't see an equivalent group for SSL. Perhaps one of the newsgroups about
    mail or about eudora, like comp.mail.eudora, would be helpful to you?

  5. Re: [Q] Eudora SSL Negotiation fails

    Niko!
    On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:26:32 -0500, "Nico Kadel-Garcia"
    wrote:

    > Perhaps one of the newsgroups about
    >mail or about eudora, like comp.mail.eudora, would be helpful to you?

    Thanks!
    I 'll try it there.

    Uwe
    --
    Sachkunde kann eine lebhafte Diskussion nur behindern

+ Reply to Thread