Hi Everyone,

I am attempting to automate some snapshotting via a method called by one of our servers through plink.
if I run the below
plink -v -l user -pw pass -batch -ssh SERVERNAME "snapshot now"
I get the error:
Server version: SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.7.1p2 (Iconfidant_2.3.11)
We claim version: SSH-2.0-PuTTY_Release_0.60
Using username "user".
Sent password
Access granted
Opened channel for session
Received disconnect message (protocol error)
Disconnection message text: unsupported command
Server sent disconnect message
type 2 (protocol error):
"unsupported command"
FATAL ERROR: Server sent disconnect message
type 2 (protocol error):
"unsupported command"

interestingly if I force it to ssh1 it fails, and if I run it without the command in quotes at the end it gives me a shell and I can type commands
Any ideas, beyond updating ssh on the SAN as it is vendor equipment