Restricting Certain SSH Programs - SSH

This is a discussion on Restricting Certain SSH Programs - SSH ; Hi Everyone, I current have a server that is running both SSH for terminal access and SFTP for outside authenticated users to upload files. What I would like to do is restrict SSH terminal access to particular users but leave ...

  1. Restricting Certain SSH Programs

    Hi Everyone,
    I current have a server that is running both SSH for terminal access
    and SFTP for outside authenticated users to upload files.

    What I would like to do is restrict SSH terminal access to particular
    users but leave SFTP open for all users. Is there a way to do this?

    Tom.

  2. Re: Restricting Certain SSH Programs

    Tommy wrote:
    > Hi Everyone,
    > I current have a server that is running both SSH for terminal access
    > and SFTP for outside authenticated users to upload files.
    >
    > What I would like to do is restrict SSH terminal access to particular
    > users but leave SFTP open for all users. Is there a way to do this?
    >
    > Tom.

    Read the manual page for sshd_config, particularly the 'AllowUsers' option.

  3. Re: Restricting Certain SSH Programs

    Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
    > Tommy wrote:
    >> Hi Everyone,
    >> I current have a server that is running both SSH for terminal access
    >> and SFTP for outside authenticated users to upload files.
    >>
    >> What I would like to do is restrict SSH terminal access to particular
    >> users but leave SFTP open for all users. Is there a way to do this?
    >>
    >> Tom.

    > Read the manual page for sshd_config, particularly the 'AllowUsers' option.

    Oh, yes. And if necessary, run the SSH user logins on a separate port to
    separate the services.

    Alternatively, if you just want secure upload/download, you can use WebDAV
    over HTTPS, which has plenty of good Java clients, is critical to Subversion
    HTTPS access, and is built into Microsoft's Network Neighborhood.

+ Reply to Thread