SSH works on some machines but not others? - SSH

This is a discussion on SSH works on some machines but not others? - SSH ; Output is: debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,hostbased debug3: start over, passed a different list publickey,password,hostbased debug3: preferred gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard- interactive,password debug3: authmethod_lookup publickey debug3: remaining preferred: keyboard-interactive,password debug3: authmethod_is_enabled publickey debug1: Next authentication method: publickey debug1: Trying private key: /home/eemteam/.ssh/identity ...

  1. SSH works on some machines but not others?

    Output is:
    debug1: Authentications that can continue:
    publickey,password,hostbased
    debug3: start over, passed a different list
    publickey,password,hostbased
    debug3: preferred gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-
    interactive,password
    debug3: authmethod_lookup publickey
    debug3: remaining preferred: keyboard-interactive,password
    debug3: authmethod_is_enabled publickey
    debug1: Trying private key: /home/eemteam/.ssh/identity
    debug3: no such identity: /home/eemteam/.ssh/identity
    debug1: Offering public key: /home/eemteam/.ssh/id_rsa
    debug3: send_pubkey_test
    debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
    debug1: Authentications that can continue:
    publickey,password,hostbased
    debug1: Trying private key: /home/eemteam/.ssh/id_dsa
    debug3: no such identity: /home/eemteam/.ssh/id_dsa
    debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
    debug3: authmethod_lookup password
    debug3: remaining preferred: ,password
    debug3: authmethod_is_enabled password
    debug1: Next authentication method: password
    d1col1w1@d1col1w1.edc.cingular.net's password:

  2. Re: SSH works on some machines but not others?

    Sorry, I have no idea what the problem is. The system looks for the various
    ways of authenticating, and discovers that theonly one is password, and
    asks yo ufor a password. That is what it is supposed to do. There is
    nothing here that indicates that ssh if "not working"

    sbrandubh@yahoo.com writes:

    >Output is:
    >debug1: Authentications that can continue:
    >publickey,password,hostbased
    >debug3: start over, passed a different list
    >publickey,password,hostbased
    >debug3: preferred gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-
    >interactive,password
    >debug3: authmethod_lookup publickey
    >debug3: remaining preferred: keyboard-interactive,password
    >debug3: authmethod_is_enabled publickey
    >debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
    >debug1: Trying private key: /home/eemteam/.ssh/identity
    >debug3: no such identity: /home/eemteam/.ssh/identity
    >debug1: Offering public key: /home/eemteam/.ssh/id_rsa
    >debug3: send_pubkey_test
    >debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
    >debug1: Authentications that can continue:
    >publickey,password,hostbased
    >debug1: Trying private key: /home/eemteam/.ssh/id_dsa
    >debug3: no such identity: /home/eemteam/.ssh/id_dsa
    >debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
    >debug3: authmethod_lookup password
    >debug3: remaining preferred: ,password
    >debug3: authmethod_is_enabled password
    >debug1: Next authentication method: password
    >d1col1w1@d1col1w1.edc.cingular.net's password:

+ Reply to Thread