sftp protocol - SSH

This is a discussion on sftp protocol - SSH ; Hi, I want to write an sftp client program. Can someone please tell me what I need to send to ssh to start an ftp session? How do I close a connection? How do I cd? How do I ls? ...

  1. sftp protocol

    Hi,

    I want to write an sftp client program.

    Can someone please tell me what I need to send to ssh to start an ftp
    session?
    How do I close a connection?
    How do I cd?
    How do I ls?
    How do I "get" a file?
    How do I "put" a file?

    Is this documented somewhere?

    Thanks for any help

  2. Re: sftp protocol

    pwu> Hi, I want to write an sftp client program.

    pwu> Can someone please tell me what I need to send to ssh to start an
    pwu> ftp session? How do I close a connection? How do I cd? How do
    pwu> I ls? How do I "get" a file? How do I "put" a file?

    pwu> Is this documented somewhere?

    http://tools.ietf.org/wg/secsh/draft...ecsh-filexfer/

    Note that sftp is not by itself secure, but must be run over a secure
    transport. Typically one uses SSH, and sends the server a subsystem
    request for "sftp" to start the sftp server.

    pwu> Thanks for any help

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net