running a PHP based daemon over SSH? - SSH

This is a discussion on running a PHP based daemon over SSH? - SSH ; Hi, I have a Daemon which is written as a PHP script. I try to run it on a machine running centos via ssh. I ssh to the machine, run the daemon, and I can see the Daemon is actually ...

  1. running a PHP based daemon over SSH?

    Hi,

    I have a Daemon which is written as a PHP script.
    I try to run it on a machine running centos via ssh. I ssh to the
    machine, run the daemon, and I can see the Daemon is actually
    running.
    I then exit the ssh connection and the daemon is killed.

    Running C based daemons in the same manner works perfectly.

    Any ideas to why this is happening?
    Maybe there's something that PHP's fork is not doing properly?

    Thanks
    Yaron Tadmor

  2. Re: running a PHP based daemon over SSH?

    ok... some more info.

    I figured out this has to do with stdout and stderr "disappearing" for
    the daemon. I can easily reproduce this without the ssh (just running
    the script from the terminal and closing the terminal causes the
    Daemon to die).
    Redirecting all output to /dev/null solves the problem.

    So I know this is becoming off-topic for this group, but still...
    If anyone has any ideas on why the redirection of stdout and stderr
    to /dev/null doesn't happen automatically when the shell exits I'll be
    happy to hear.

    thanks.

+ Reply to Thread