Can't create reverse tunnel - missing time value - SSH

This is a discussion on Can't create reverse tunnel - missing time value - SSH ; I'm trying to create a reverse tunnel to connect a web site to a database. This is the command i'm issuing from the db server: $ ssh ck -nNCTR 5433:localhost:5432 -o ServerAliveInterval 10 & [1] 18007 $ command-line line 0: ...

  1. Can't create reverse tunnel - missing time value

    I'm trying to create a reverse tunnel to connect a web site to a
    database. This is the command i'm issuing from the db server:

    $ ssh ck -nNCTR 5433:localhost:5432 -o ServerAliveInterval 10 &
    [1] 18007
    $ command-line line 0: missing time value.

    [1]+ Exit 255 ssh ck -nNCTR 5433:localhost:5432 -o
    ServerAliveInterval 10

    The web server is Apache - Centos 5 and the db server is Postgresql -
    Fedora 8.

    There is nothing in the /var/log/secure files.

    The OpenSSH version in the Centos 5 web server is:
    OpenSSH_4.3p2, OpenSSL 0.9.8b 04 May 2006

    And in the db server it is:
    OpenSSH_4.7p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8b 04 May 2006

    The exact same command works perfectly with another pair of servers
    being the web server Apache - Fedora 6 and the db server also
    Postgresql Fedora 8. sshd is working since i can login without a
    password at the web server.

    What config files should i post?

    Regards, Clodoaldo

  2. Re: Can't create reverse tunnel - missing time value

    Clodoaldo wrote:
    > I'm trying to create a reverse tunnel to connect a web site to a
    > database. This is the command i'm issuing from the db server:
    >
    > $ ssh ck -nNCTR 5433:localhost:5432 -o ServerAliveInterval 10 &
    > [1] 18007
    > $ command-line line 0: missing time value.

    that's a command line parsing issue.
    either do "-o ServerAliveInterval 10"
    or -o ServerAliveInterval=10

    Regards
    Joachim

  3. Re: Can't create reverse tunnel - missing time value

    On 9 out, 05:18, Joachim Gann wrote:
    > Clodoaldo wrote:
    > > I'm trying to create a reverse tunnel to connect a web site to a
    > > database. This is the command i'm issuing from the db server:

    > > $ ssh ck -nNCTR 5433:localhost:5432 -o ServerAliveInterval 10 &
    > > [1] 18007
    > > $ command-line line 0: missing time value.

    > that's a command line parsing issue.
    > either do "-o ServerAliveInterval 10"
    > or -o ServerAliveInterval=10
    >
    > Regards