Port Forwarding Still Corrupted?? - SSH

This is a discussion on Port Forwarding Still Corrupted?? - SSH ; Hi there! I'm using the latest Putty software (for Windows) to connect to my Linux systems out in the field. At the same time I'm using the port-forwarding feature to allow me to access webpages available to the system to ...

  1. Port Forwarding Still Corrupted??

    Hi there!

    I'm using the latest Putty software (for Windows) to connect to my
    Linux systems out in the field.
    At the same time I'm using the port-forwarding feature to allow me to
    access webpages available to the system to which the SSH session is
    connected to.

    However often my webpages didn't fully load.
    So after lots of traces me and my colleague discovered that the cause
    had to be the Putty Client and not our own servers, since any other
    SSH clients worked without any issue.

    It appears that the putty SSH tunnel fro some reason sometime does not
    tunnel the full data, but only a small part of it. Looking deeper into
    the problem we found this page describing exactly what was wrong;

    http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s...d-corrupt.html

    My question is whether anyone is aware that this problem is still
    occuring?
    Also if someone might know a workaround.

  2. Re: Port Forwarding Still Corrupted??

    > My question is whether anyone is aware that this problem is still
    > occuring?

    Very recently, I experienced a similar loss of data (in my case,
    sporadic web page truncation) when using port forwarding from PuTTY
    v0.60 under Windows XP to a remote Linux host.

    > Also if someone might know a workaround.

    The workaround for me was to run PuTTY under Linux, problem solved!

  3. Re: Port Forwarding Still Corrupted??

    On Oct 16, 11:19*am, Jim wrote:
    > > My question is whether anyone is aware that this problem is still
    > > occuring?

    > Very recently, I experienced a similar loss of data (in my case,
    > sporadic web page truncation) when using port forwarding from PuTTY
    > v0.60 under Windows XP to a remote Linux host.
    >
    > > Also if someone might know a workaround.

    > The workaround for me was to run PuTTY under Linux, problem solved!

    Thank You Jim,

    The description of your error very much matches mine and I think that
    it would caused by be the same problem.
    So perhaps we can conclude that this issue only occurs under Windows.
    Too Bad my boss won't allow me to work under Linux, (allthough I do
    have it running!)

    Anyway the problem seems to be related to Windows Clients only.
    That might surely help the guys at development, I would think.

+ Reply to Thread