Connecting to other servers via ssh - SSH

This is a discussion on Connecting to other servers via ssh - SSH ; We've just recently changed our servers to not allow password authentication in order to make them more secure (and so we don't have to change the password regularly). The problem we're having now is sometimes we need to connect between ...

  1. Connecting to other servers via ssh

    We've just recently changed our servers to not allow password
    authentication in order to make them more secure (and so we don't have
    to change the password regularly). The problem we're having now is
    sometimes we need to connect between the servers using scp.

    Would it be reasonable to have keys stored on the servers for
    connecting to others or is that a security risk? Or is it possible to
    setup Open SSH to access password authentication on a private IP
    (10.x.x.x) and key authentication on public IP (1.2.3.4)?

    Thanks
    Nick

  2. Re: Connecting to other servers via ssh

    Nick Le Mouton wrote:
    > We've just recently changed our servers to not allow password
    > authentication in order to make them more secure (and so we don't have
    > to change the password regularly). The problem we're having now is
    > sometimes we need to connect between the servers using scp.
    >
    > Would it be reasonable to have keys stored on the servers for
    > connecting to others or is that a security risk? Or is it possible to
    > setup Open SSH to access password authentication on a private IP
    > (10.x.x.x) and key authentication on public IP (1.2.3.4)?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Nick

    Why not hop straight to using Kerberos with OpenSSH?

+ Reply to Thread