Connecting from a Windows client to remote Unix Server withpasswordless authentication - SSH

This is a discussion on Connecting from a Windows client to remote Unix Server withpasswordless authentication - SSH ; I am trying to connect from a Windows client ( ssh2 command line ) to a remote Unix server with passwordless authentication.The User on Windows client is different from the user to the Unix server. Windows client - SSH Secure ...

  1. Connecting from a Windows client to remote Unix Server withpasswordless authentication

    I am trying to connect from a Windows client ( ssh2 command line ) to
    a remote Unix server with passwordless authentication.The User on
    Windows client is different from the user to the Unix server.

    Windows client - SSH Secure Shell Client
    UNIX - Open SSL

    What are the methods that support this?
    Also do suggest me the necessary steps in each method in a detailed
    manner.

  2. Re: Connecting from a Windows client to remote Unix Server withpasswordless authentication

    Prachet wrote:
    > I am trying to connect from a Windows client ( ssh2 command line ) to
    > a remote Unix server with passwordless authentication.The User on
    > Windows client is different from the user to the Unix server.
    >
    > Windows client - SSH Secure Shell Client
    > UNIX - Open SSL
    >
    > What are the methods that support this?
    > Also do suggest me the necessary steps in each method in a detailed
    > manner.

    There are a variety of ways, primarily involving an SSH key and an ssh-agent
    of some sort. What the SSh Secure Shell client supports is where you should
    look, as well as grabbing a copy of Richard Silverman's book on SSH. Since you
    have a licensed copy, I bet that company would be happy to walk you through
    the best Windows client setups, or have it in their documentation.

  3. Re: Connecting from a Windows client to remote Unix Server with passwordless authentication

    NKG> Prachet wrote:
    >> I am trying to connect from a Windows client ( ssh2 command line )
    >> to a remote Unix server with passwordless authentication.The User
    >> on Windows client is different from the user to the Unix server.
    >>
    >> Windows client - SSH Secure Shell Client UNIX - Open SSL
    >>
    >> What are the methods that support this? Also do suggest me the
    >> necessary steps in each method in a detailed manner.

    NKG> There are a variety of ways, primarily involving an SSH key and
    NKG> an ssh-agent of some sort. What the SSh Secure Shell client
    NKG> supports is where you should look, as well as grabbing a copy of
    NKG> Richard Silverman's book on SSH. Since you have a licensed copy,
    NKG> I bet that company would be happy to walk you through the best
    NKG> Windows client setups, or have it in their documentation.

    This is not specific to Tectia, but it lays out the most often used

    http://www.snailbook.com/faq/no-passphrase.auto.html

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net