reverse tunneling file transfers? - SSH

This is a discussion on reverse tunneling file transfers? - SSH ; Hopefully the subject line accurately describes my problem . . . I need to transfer files from A to B. However, I can only establish an ssh connection from B to A. How do I set up an ssh tunnel ...

  1. reverse tunneling file transfers?

    Hopefully the subject line accurately describes my problem . . . I
    need to transfer files from A to B. However, I can only establish an
    ssh connection from B to A. How do I set up an ssh tunnel from B to A
    which I can then use on A to transfer files back to B?

    If it matters, both boxes are Windows 2003 servers and I am using
    openssh under cygwin. I need to command-line copy the files using
    xcopy (Windows built-in) or scp, etc.

    Thanks,
    Lee

  2. Re: reverse tunneling file transfers?

    navels wrote:
    >Hopefully the subject line accurately describes my problem . . . I
    >need to transfer files from A to B. However, I can only establish an
    >ssh connection from B to A. How do I set up an ssh tunnel from B to A
    >which I can then use on A to transfer files back to B?

    Why do you need a tunnel? scp works in either direction.

    >If it matters, both boxes are Windows 2003 servers and I am using
    >openssh under cygwin. I need to command-line copy the files using
    >xcopy (Windows built-in) or scp, etc.

    On B, scp Aathname localpath
    --
    Mark Rafn dagon@dagon.net

  3. Re: reverse tunneling file transfers?

    On Sep 3, 2:11*pm, Mark Rafn wrote:
    > navels * wrote:
    > >Hopefully the subject line accurately describes my problem . . . I
    > >need to transfer files from A to B. *However, I can only establish an
    > >ssh connection from B to A. *How do I set up an ssh tunnel from B to A
    > >which I can then use on A to transfer files back to B?

    > Why do you need a tunnel? *scp works in either direction.

    In my case, B doesn't know what files to get. A knows, so I need it
    to transfer a file, then delete it. Then repeat as new files are
    created.

    Lee

+ Reply to Thread