udp port forwarding - SSH

This is a discussion on udp port forwarding - SSH ; Is udp port forwarding possible with openssh 4.5? If so how? I can't find any reference to it on the man page. Thanks....

  1. udp port forwarding

    Is udp port forwarding possible with openssh 4.5? If so how? I can't
    find any reference to it on the man page. Thanks.

  2. Re: udp port forwarding

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:49:15 +0000, Chuck wrote:

    > Is udp port forwarding possible with openssh 4.5? If so how? I can't
    > find any reference to it on the man page. Thanks.

    Look for the -w option. It provides a real VPN mechanism for both TCP
    and UDP.

    - Andrew

  3. Re: udp port forwarding

    Andrew Gideon wrote:
    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:49:15 +0000, Chuck wrote:
    >
    >> Is udp port forwarding possible with openssh 4.5? If so how? I can't
    >> find any reference to it on the man page. Thanks.

    > Look for the -w option. It provides a real VPN mechanism for both TCP
    > and UDP.
    >
    > - Andrew

    Thanks. Unfortunately it's not implemented yet in the Cygwin port of
    openssh and that's what's running on the server.

    BTW I have a couple of linux machines to play with. How does one create
    a tun device?

+ Reply to Thread