PUTTY on Windows 2003 and VMWare ESX virtual machines - SSH

This is a discussion on PUTTY on Windows 2003 and VMWare ESX virtual machines - SSH ; Does anyone have experience of running Putty on a Windows 2003 server, as according to the site www.putty.org there is no version available for Windows 2003 server. Also, does anyone have experience of running Putty in a virtual server, such ...

  1. PUTTY on Windows 2003 and VMWare ESX virtual machines

    Does anyone have experience of running Putty on a Windows 2003 server,
    as according to the site www.putty.org there is no version available
    for Windows 2003 server.

    Also, does anyone have experience of running Putty in a virtual
    server, such as a guest on a VMWare ESX host?

    Many thanks

    Surfboy1971

  2. Re: PUTTY on Windows 2003 and VMWare ESX virtual machines

    Also, the same for WinSCP3 if anyone has any experience.

    Thanks

  3. Re: PUTTY on Windows 2003 and VMWare ESX virtual machines

    On 21 Aug, 11:31, Surfboy1971 wrote:
    > Also, the same for WinSCP3 if anyone has any experience.
    >
    > Thanks

    I've used Putty on both Xen and VMware installed guest systems, and
    noticed no obvious difference. If you use the newer Kerberos enabled
    versions of Putty, life could get interesting: VMware environments
    tend to accumulate interesting time skews without VMware Tools
    installed, and that breaks Kerberos.

  4. Re: PUTTY on Windows 2003 and VMWare ESX virtual machines

    Surfboy1971 writes:

    > Does anyone have experience of running Putty on a Windows 2003 server,
    > as according to the site www.putty.org there is no version available
    > for Windows 2003 server.

    I suppose we should add 2003 server and Vista to the list of
    platforms, or give up trying to enumerate Windows versions and just
    say `every version of Windows since Windows 95'.

    But anyway, yes, PuTTY works on Win2k3.

    (S)

+ Reply to Thread