ssh: connect to host XXX port 22: No route to host - SSH

This is a discussion on ssh: connect to host XXX port 22: No route to host - SSH ; Hi, I have googled a lot on this issue, but I did not dound a solution for my problem. I want to log-in from my laptop or some other account to a server via ssh (running Scientific Linux 4.6, a ...

  1. ssh: connect to host XXX port 22: No route to host

    Hi,

    I have googled a lot on this issue, but I did not dound a solution for
    my problem. I want to log-in from my laptop or some other account to a
    server via ssh (running Scientific Linux 4.6, a derivate of Redhat 4).
    When I try to ssh on the server I always get the error:

    ssh: connect to host XXX port 22: No route to host

    - sshd is running on the server
    - no(!) firewall is running on the server
    - no selinux is running on the server
    - and I can ping the server.

    I also have checked the log-files in /var/log and connot find any
    reference to the IP address I am trying to log in from.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    Alex

  2. Re: ssh: connect to host XXX port 22: No route to host

    On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 06:22:17 -0700, Alexander.Dietz72 wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have googled a lot on this issue, but I did not dound a solution for
    > my problem. I want to log-in from my laptop or some other account to a
    > server via ssh (running Scientific Linux 4.6, a derivate of Redhat 4).
    > When I try to ssh on the server I always get the error:
    >
    > ssh: connect to host XXX port 22: No route to host
    >
    > - sshd is running on the server
    > - no(!) firewall is running on the server - no selinux is running on the
    > server - and I can ping the server.
    >
    > I also have checked the log-files in /var/log and connot find any
    > reference to the IP address I am trying to log in from.
    >

    > Any ideas?

    Is the sshd daemon listening on port 22? Some people set it to
    listen on other, nonstandard ports, in order to keep their logs clear
    from breakin attempts.

+ Reply to Thread