How best to minimize packet losses? - SSH

This is a discussion on How best to minimize packet losses? - SSH ; In using X11 forwarding over SSH or VNC over SSH, I see a fairly large number of lost and/or retransmitted packets. What are some of the best ways to minimize this traffic loss (from either end)?...

  1. How best to minimize packet losses?

    In using X11 forwarding over SSH or VNC over SSH, I see a fairly large
    number of lost and/or retransmitted packets. What are some of the best
    ways to minimize this traffic loss (from either end)?

  2. Re: How best to minimize packet losses?

    chimes@no.more.spam writes:

    > In using X11 forwarding over SSH or VNC over SSH, I see a fairly large
    > number of lost and/or retransmitted packets. What are some of the best
    > ways to minimize this traffic loss (from either end)?

    A solid network connection.

    Are you on a cable modem on the client end perchance?

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

+ Reply to Thread