PSCP hangs with wrong password - SSH

This is a discussion on PSCP hangs with wrong password - SSH ; I am writting a script that will download file from another host and run as a scheduled task on my windows 2003 server. I would the script to notify me when there are problems. For testing the notification when the ...

  1. PSCP hangs with wrong password

    I am writting a script that will download file from another host and
    run as a scheduled task on my windows 2003 server. I would the script
    to notify me when there are problems.

    For testing the notification when the script fails, I am running the
    script with an invalid password and it just hangs there after the
    password fails. I would like to just return a status code to tell me
    that it failed, but the only way to stop the job is to hit Crtl-C. Is
    there a way around this?

    See Below, If I don't use Crtl-C it will stay at "disconnected"
    forever.. Thanks.

    U:\>pscp -scp -v -batch -pw XXXXX mpsftptest@tools:* .
    Looking up host "tools"
    Connecting to 192.168.1.7 port 22
    Server version: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.5p1
    We claim version: SSH-2.0-PuTTY_Release_0.60
    Using SSH protocol version 2
    Doing Diffie-Hellman group exchange
    Doing Diffie-Hellman key exchange with hash SHA-1
    Host key fingerprint is:
    ssh-rsa 1024 e1:38:f5:d2:6f:fd:ee:92:66:d0:5b:7a:86:32:bd:de
    Initialised AES-256 CBC client->server encryption
    Initialised HMAC-SHA1 client->server MAC algorithm
    Initialised AES-256 CBC server->client encryption
    Initialised HMAC-SHA1 server->client MAC algorithm
    Using username "mpsftptest".
    Keyboard-interactive authentication refused
    Sent password
    Access denied
    Access denied
    Disconnected: Unable to authenticate
    ^C
    U:\>

  2. Re: PSCP hangs with wrong password

    natambu@obleton.com writes:
    >For testing the notification when the script fails, I am running the
    >script with an invalid password and it just hangs there after the
    >password fails. I would like to just return a status code to tell me
    >that it failed, but the only way to stop the job is to hit Crtl-C.

    I'm afraid this is a known bug in 0.60.

    It's fixed in the nightly development snapshots, and should be fixed in
    the next release, whenever that happens.

    >Is there a way around this?

    Not that I know of, other than using a snapshot version.

  3. Re: PSCP hangs with wrong password

    On Aug 5, 1:16*pm, Jacob Nevins wrote:
    > nata...@obleton.com writes:
    > >For testing the notification when the script fails, I am running the
    > >script with an invalid password and it just hangs there after the
    > >password fails. I would like to just return a status code to tell me
    > >that it failed, but the only way to stop the job is to hit Crtl-C.

    > I'm afraid this is a known bug in 0.60.
    >

    > It's fixed in the nightly development snapshots, and should be fixed in
    > the next release, whenever that happens.
    >
    > >Is there a way around this?

    > Not that I know of, other than using a snapshot version.

    Thank you. I will use the snapshot version for now.

+ Reply to Thread