Connecting two ways through SSH tunnel - SSH

This is a discussion on Connecting two ways through SSH tunnel - SSH ; Greetings. I use Putty to open a dynamic tunnel through my work proxy to my home PC for TightVNC and SOCKS browsing... Is there a way to use that tunnel, once established from work, to connect to my work PC ...

  1. Connecting two ways through SSH tunnel

    Greetings.

    I use Putty to open a dynamic tunnel through my work proxy to my home
    PC for TightVNC and SOCKS browsing... Is there a way to use that
    tunnel, once established from work, to connect to my work PC from
    home? Hop on to the active SSH tunnel from the SERVER side? Would be
    nice to RDT my work PC sometimes from the house.

  2. Re: Connecting two ways through SSH tunnel

    reaper.rose@gmail.com writes:

    > Greetings.
    >
    > I use Putty to open a dynamic tunnel through my work proxy to my home
    > PC for TightVNC and SOCKS browsing... Is there a way to use that
    > tunnel, once established from work, to connect to my work PC from
    > home? Hop on to the active SSH tunnel from the SERVER side? Would be
    > nice to RDT my work PC sometimes from the house.

    Make sure it won't get you fired, but look at ssh -R reverse tunnel
    option.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/