Subversion and plink - SSH

This is a discussion on Subversion and plink - SSH ; Hello, I have following subversion through ssh configuration on server: RHEL3, OpenSSH openssh-3.6.1p2-33.30.12, Subversion 1.4 . Windows clients using plink version 0.57 or Linux/Unix users using various ssh versions have no problems with connecting to svn. Windows clients using newer ...

  1. Subversion and plink

    Hello,

    I have following subversion through ssh configuration on server:
    RHEL3, OpenSSH openssh-3.6.1p2-33.30.12, Subversion 1.4 . Windows
    clients using plink version 0.57 or Linux/Unix users using various ssh
    versions have no problems with connecting to svn.

    Windows clients using newer versions of plink (0.60) and SSH-1
    protocol suffer from connection freeze - e.q. user runs svn checkout,
    half of the data is transfered from server and then the communication
    freezes. There is no such problems if they switch to the SSH-2
    protocol.

    Please has anybody met similar problems, is there any way how can I
    debug the problem (the -v option or debug logs on server say nothing)?

    Thanks, Petr.

  2. Re: Subversion and plink

    On 23 Jul, 17:31, petrhlavka wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have following subversion through ssh configuration on server:
    > RHEL3, OpenSSH openssh-3.6.1p2-33.30.12, Subversion 1.4 . Windows
    > clients using plink version 0.57 or Linux/Unix users using various ssh
    > versions have no problems with connecting to svn.
    >
    > Windows clients using newer versions of plink (0.60) and SSH-1
    > protocol suffer from connection freeze - e.q. user runs svn checkout,
    > half of the data is transfered from server and then the communication
    > freezes. There is no such problems if they switch to the SSH-2
    > protocol.
    >
    > Please has anybody met similar problems, is there any way how can I
    > debug the problem (the -v option or debug logs on server say nothing)?
    >
    > * Thanks, Petr.

    *WHY* are you still using RHEL 3? And can you test against CentOS 5,
    or RHEL 5?

  3. Re: Subversion and plink

    On Jul 25, 9:37*am, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
    > On 23 Jul, 17:31, petrhlavka wrote:
    >

    > > Hello,

    > > I have following subversion through ssh configuration on server:
    > > RHEL3, OpenSSH openssh-3.6.1p2-33.30.12, Subversion 1.4 . Windows
    > > clients using plink version 0.57 or Linux/Unix users using various ssh
    > > versions have no problems with connecting to svn.

    > > Windows clients using newer versions of plink (0.60) and SSH-1
    > > protocol suffer from connection freeze - e.q. user runs svn checkout,
    > > half of the data is transfered from server and then the communication
    > > freezes. There is no such problems if they switch to the SSH-2
    > > protocol.

    > > Please has anybody met similar problems, is there any way how can I
    > > debug the problem (the -v option or debug logs on server say nothing)?

    > > * Thanks, Petr.

    > *WHY* are you still using RHEL 3? And can you test against CentOS 5,
    > or RHEL 5?

    Because everything works without problems on this server and I can
    have problems with Dell RAID drivers on other systems. I've tried to
    upgrade the ssh server to 5.1 and still have the same problems.

    Regards, Petr.

  4. Re: Subversion and plink

    petrhlavka wrote:
    > On Jul 25, 9:37 am, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
    >> On 23 Jul, 17:31, petrhlavka wrote:
    >>

    >>> Hello,
    >>> I have following subversion through ssh configuration on server:
    >>> RHEL3, OpenSSH openssh-3.6.1p2-33.30.12, Subversion 1.4 . Windows
    >>> clients using plink version 0.57 or Linux/Unix users using various ssh
    >>> versions have no problems with connecting to svn.
    >>> Windows clients using newer versions of plink (0.60) and SSH-1
    >>> protocol suffer from connection freeze - e.q. user runs svn checkout,
    >>> half of the data is transfered from server and then the communication
    >>> freezes. There is no such problems if they switch to the SSH-2
    >>> protocol.
    >>> Please has anybody met similar problems, is there any way how can I
    >>> debug the problem (the -v option or debug logs on server say nothing)?
    >>> Thanks, Petr.

    >> *WHY* are you still using RHEL 3? And can you test against CentOS 5,
    >> or RHEL 5?

    > Because everything works without problems on this server and I can
    > have problems with Dell RAID drivers on other systems. I've tried to
    > upgrade the ssh server to 5.1 and still have the same problems.
    >
    > Regards, Petr.

    I've not had your RAID problems with Dell, but I insist on keeping things
    simple and going with Adaptec wherever feasible. This doesn't solve your
    problem, of course, but trying to keep an OS that old updated to contemporary
    tools is far more expensive than buying an Adaptec card and installing it as
    needed, in my experience.

    You've got a complex set of interacting components, which cannot be reasonably
    expected to remain compatible or well integrated over time. What are your odds
    of switching to Linus Torvald's 'git' source control? Or transferring your
    Subversion and SSH systems to a contemporary OS?

+ Reply to Thread