openssh priv key conversion task - SSH

This is a discussion on openssh priv key conversion task - SSH ; Hello, I generated pair of rsa keys using openssh on opensuse linux. I would like to convert the private key to the ppk format to be able to use it with putty. Can such an operation be performed using ssh-keyconverter ...

  1. openssh priv key conversion task

    Hello,

    I generated pair of rsa keys using openssh on opensuse linux.
    I would like to convert the private key to the ppk format to be able to
    use it with putty.

    Can such an operation be performed using ssh-keyconverter or any openssl
    based tool?

    Regards

    --
    DW

  2. Re: openssh priv key conversion task

    AFAIK no. You'll have to use puttygen which is part of putty's
    distribution (if you choose the full install kit).

+ Reply to Thread