pscp Unix to Unix - SSH

This is a discussion on pscp Unix to Unix - SSH ; I'm using the pscp command to get a file from a Unix ftp server. Here's the command: pscp -v -P 22 -pw MYPASSWORD -batch MYUSER@some.location.edu :/src// file.txt file2.txt Here's the trace: Server version: SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_4.5 We claim version: SSH-2.0-PuTTY_Release_0.60 Using SSH ...

  1. pscp Unix to Unix

    I'm using the pscp command to get a file from a Unix ftp server.
    Here's the command:
    pscp -v -P 22 -pw MYPASSWORD -batch MYUSER@some.location.edu:/src//
    file.txt file2.txt

    Here's the trace:
    Server version: SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_4.5
    We claim version: SSH-2.0-PuTTY_Release_0.60
    Using SSH protocol version 2
    Doing Diffie-Hellman group exchange
    Doing Diffie-Hellman key exchange with hash SHA-256
    Host key fingerprint is:
    ssh-rsa 2048 71:8a:33:8d:e7:41:95:45:c2:f2:77:ff:27:aa:0a:bb
    Initialised AES-256 SDCTR client->server encryption
    Initialised HMAC-SHA1 client->server MAC algorithm
    Initialised AES-256 SDCTR server->client encryption
    Initialised HMAC-SHA1 server->client MAC algorithm
    Using username "MYUSER".
    Keyboard-interactive authentication refused
    Sent password
    Access denied
    Access denied
    Disconnected: Unable to authenticate

    When I run this command in a Unix box, it gives me the error above,
    but it works fine in a Windows box. Any idea?

  2. Re: pscp Unix to Unix

    Tong wrote:
    > Using username "MYUSER".

    [...]
    > When I run this command in a Unix box, it gives me the error above,
    > but it works fine in a Windows box. Any idea?

    The most obvious thing that springs to mind is that Unix user names
    are rarely in upper case. Does the Unix box send the user name in
    lower case?
    --
    Simon Tatham "My heart bleeds.
    (That's how it works.)" -- Gareth Taylor

  3. Re: pscp Unix to Unix

    On Jun 9, 6:07*pm, Simon Tatham wrote:
    > Tong * wrote:
    > > Using username "MYUSER".

    > [...]
    > > When I run this command in a Unix box, it gives me the error above,
    > > but it works fine in a Windows box. *Any idea?

    > The most obvious thing that springs to mind is that Unix user names
    > are rarely in upper case. Does the Unix box send the user name in
    > lower case?
    > --
    > Simon Tatham * * * * "My heart bleeds.
    > * *(That's how it works.)" * -- Gareth Taylor

    I substitued my real user name, but to answer your question, the user
    name is in lower case.

    I'm able to ssh and scp into the box just fine. It's just when I use
    putty's psftp and pscp that I get the authentication error above.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread