add hostkey to command line in batch file? - SSH

This is a discussion on add hostkey to command line in batch file? - SSH ; Hello, I'm working on a automated batch job to pull specific files off a server. I'm facing a problem where the host key prompt is hanging the batch process. I've read on ( http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/ ~sgtatham/putty/faq.html) that the right way to ...

  1. add hostkey to command line in batch file?

    Hello,

    I'm working on a automated batch job to pull specific files off a
    server. I'm facing a problem where the host key prompt is hanging the
    batch process. I've read on (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/
    ~sgtatham/putty/faq.html) that the right way to fix it is to add the
    correct host key to the Registry in advance. I went into
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/SimonTatham/Putty/SshHostKeys in the
    registry editor and saw that the name, type, and data does exist for
    the host I'm trying to connect to.

    My question is what command line would I have to place in the batch
    file so I can connect to this server?
    I've used this prior with psftp, but would I need to add the hostkey
    or a call to the hostkey to this line using putty.exe?:
    C:\Apps\Putty\putty.exe -ssh hostname.com -pw password -b
    someother.scr

    Or would I need to use plink or similar?

    Thanks,
    Awakash

  2. Re: add hostkey to command line in batch file?

    On Jun 9, 1:07*pm, awak...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm working on a automated batch job to pull specific files off a
    > server. *I'm facing a problem where the host key prompt is hanging the
    > batch process. *I've read on (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/
    > ~sgtatham/putty/faq.html) that the right way to fix it is to add the
    > correct host key to the Registry in advance. *I went into
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/SimonTatham/Putty/SshHostKeys in the
    > registry editor and saw that the name, type, and data does exist for
    > the host I'm trying to connect to.
    >
    > My question is what command line would I have to place in the batch
    > file so I can connect to this server?
    > I've used this prior with psftp, but would I need to add the hostkey
    > or a call to the hostkey to this line using putty.exe?:
    > C:\Apps\Putty\putty.exe -ssh hostname.com -pw password -b
    > someother.scr
    >
    > Or would I need to use plink or similar?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Awakash

    If you are just transferring files try using pscp.

+ Reply to Thread