Hello all,

I have dropbear installed on an embedded system. It replaces both ssh and
sshd.

I can put the public key of my host onto my target authorized_keys and then
I can login without password as expected from the host to the target.

The reverse doesn't work.
I tried this from the host:
ssh -x root@target "dropbearkey -y -t dss -f
/etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key | tail -2 | head -1"
>>~/.ssh/authorized_keys

I understand the private keys of dropbear are
/etc/dropbear/dropbear_*_host_key and need to be converted before they can
be used by OpenSSH.

Unfortunately there's no option '-v' in the ssh client of dropbear that
could tell me why it still insists on asking for my password...
--
Guillaume Dargaud
http://www.gdargaud.net/