calling SSH from a HTML Application - SSH

This is a discussion on calling SSH from a HTML Application - SSH ; Does anyone know of a way to start PuTTY and SSH to a box by clicking on the IP address in a HTML application that I built (Sort of like following a href link)? Thank you, Adam...

  1. calling SSH from a HTML Application

    Does anyone know of a way to start PuTTY and SSH to a box by clicking
    on the IP address in a HTML application that I built (Sort of like
    following a href link)?
    Thank you,
    Adam

  2. Re: calling SSH from a HTML Application

    adambensaid@gmail.com writes:

    > Does anyone know of a way to start PuTTY and SSH to a box by clicking
    > on the IP address in a HTML application that I built (Sort of like
    > following a href link)?

    http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s...rl-scheme.html

    appears to have the skinny. You'd likely need to register the
    ssh://user@host URI scheme with the web browser for it to possibly work.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/