Protocol 2,1 does not work for /etc/ssh/sshd_config - SSH

This is a discussion on Protocol 2,1 does not work for /etc/ssh/sshd_config - SSH ; This does not work (client cannot ssh) even though the man page specify this: /etc/ssh/sshd_config Protocol 2,1 This work (client can ssh) : /etc/ssh/sshd_config Protocol 1 Protocol 2 Why? I do "service sshd restart" for both configuration. sshd version is ...

  1. Protocol 2,1 does not work for /etc/ssh/sshd_config

    This does not work (client cannot ssh) even though the man page
    specify this:
    /etc/ssh/sshd_config
    Protocol 2,1

    This work (client can ssh) :
    /etc/ssh/sshd_config
    Protocol 1
    Protocol 2

    Why?
    I do "service sshd restart" for both configuration.
    sshd version is OpenSSH_3.5p1 on FC6 computer.

  2. Re: Protocol 2,1 does not work for /etc/ssh/sshd_config

    wong_powah@yahoo.ca schrieb:
    > This does not work (client cannot ssh) even though the man page
    > specify this:
    > /etc/ssh/sshd_config
    > Protocol 2,1
    >
    > This work (client can ssh) :
    > /etc/ssh/sshd_config
    > Protocol 1
    > Protocol 2
    >
    > Why?
    > I do "service sshd restart" for both configuration.
    > sshd version is OpenSSH_3.5p1 on FC6 computer.

    what does Protocol 1,2 do?
    we have serveral boxes which seems to have problems in the protocol
    handling in the transition from 2 to 1.

    I am not shure if your second config yust end by only 1 or 2.
    What says a ssh -v -v -v server, does it try both protocols?

    W.

+ Reply to Thread