Remote Command Execution from windows with plink - SSH

This is a discussion on Remote Command Execution from windows with plink - SSH ; I am trying to launch a command remotely from a windows machine on a Linux server. I composed the commands in a bash script "nohup command >> nohup.log &". When I execute the script from an ssh session using putty ...

  1. Remote Command Execution from windows with plink

    I am trying to launch a command remotely from a windows machine on a
    Linux server. I composed the commands in a bash script "nohup command
    >> nohup.log &".

    When I execute the script from an ssh session using putty it runs and
    detaches from the console so I can log off.

    When I try to automate this with plink, the output is waited for, and
    redirected back to the console forcing the script to wait?

    Any ideas how to automate the execution and detach while it runs
    remotely?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Remote Command Execution from windows with plink

    On 2008-03-18, Ritmo2k wrote:
    > I am trying to launch a command remotely from a windows machine on a
    > Linux server. I composed the commands in a bash script "nohup command
    >>> nohup.log &".

    > When I execute the script from an ssh session using putty it runs and
    > detaches from the console so I can log off.
    >
    > When I try to automate this with plink, the output is waited for, and
    > redirected back to the console forcing the script to wait?
    >
    > Any ideas how to automate the execution and detach while it runs
    > remotely?
    >
    > Thanks!

    echo "command" | at now

    command will be run by crond and have no relation to your terminal.

    --
    Christopher Mattern

    NOTICE
    Thank you for noticing this new notice
    Your noticing it has been noted
    And will be reported to the authorities

  3. Re: Remote Command Execution from windows with plink

    > echo "command" | at now
    >
    > command will be run by crond and have no relation to your terminal.
    >
    > --
    > Christopher Mattern

    Christopher,
    I had been at this for a couple of days! That worked perfectly!
    Thank you very much!

  4. Re: Remote Command Execution from windows with plink

    Chris Mattern wrote:
    > On 2008-03-18, Ritmo2k wrote:
    >> I am trying to launch a command remotely from a windows machine on a
    >> Linux server. I composed the commands in a bash script "nohup command

    >> When I execute the script from an ssh session using putty it runs and
    >> detaches from the console so I can log off.
    >>
    >> When I try to automate this with plink, the output is waited for, and
    >> redirected back to the console forcing the script to wait?
    >>
    >> Any ideas how to automate the execution and detach while it runs
    >> remotely?
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > echo "command" | at now
    >
    > command will be run by crond and have no relation to your terminal.

    "command >/dev/null 2>/dev/null

+ Reply to Thread