putty halts (doesnt crash) - SSH

This is a discussion on putty halts (doesnt crash) - SSH ; Hello to ev'rybody. Please help me, I need putty to work at home. As I connect to my server, I log in and everything'sokay. Just if I write 'ls' the terminal halts (it doesn't finish the list of files)..... idem ...

  1. putty halts (doesnt crash)

    Hello to ev'rybody. Please help me, I need putty to work at home. As I
    connect to my server, I log in and everything'sokay. Just if I write
    'ls' the terminal halts (it doesn't finish the list of files).....
    idem if I write 'pine' or if I write more than two commands. The
    screen halts and remains still on one image. Then I close putty. I've
    windows vista and a router called 'alice adsl wi fi'. Please help me,
    answer to marbertone@gmail.com

    mario alberto

  2. Re: putty halts (doesnt crash)

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:48:52 -0700, marbertone wrote:

    > I've windows vista
    > and a router called 'alice adsl wi fi'. Please help me,

    Stop using Vista.

  3. Re: putty halts (doesnt crash)

    On 13 Mar, 16:30, Ivar Rosquist wrote:
    > On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:48:52 -0700, marbertone wrote:
    > > I've windows vista
    > > and a router called 'alice adsl wi fi'. Please help me,

    > * * * * Stop using Vista.

    Thanks for the suggestion, you were really helpful to me!

  4. Re: putty halts (doesnt crash)

    marbertone@gmail.com writes:
    >Hello to ev'rybody. Please help me, I need putty to work at home. As I
    >connect to my server, I log in and everything'sokay. Just if I write
    >'ls' the terminal halts (it doesn't finish the list of files).....
    >idem if I write 'pine' or if I write more than two commands. The
    >screen halts and remains still on one image. Then I close putty. I've
    >windows vista and a router called 'alice adsl wi fi'.

    Could it be an MTU issue?
    See

  5. Re: putty halts (doesnt crash)

    Especially thanks to Ivar Rosquist, I made it! It just was a pppoe
    issue.... thanks a lot!

    Mario Alberto

+ Reply to Thread