SFTP Server (for Windows Server 2003) that can map "network drives" - SSH

This is a discussion on SFTP Server (for Windows Server 2003) that can map "network drives" - SSH ; Hello, I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client. Many thanks and kind ...

  1. SFTP Server (for Windows Server 2003) that can map "network drives"

    Hello,

    I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the
    capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use
    to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client.

    Many thanks and kind regards,

    Jens

  2. Re: SFTP Server (for Windows Server 2003) that can map "network drives"

    gte477k writes:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the
    > capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use
    > to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client.
    >
    > Many thanks and kind regards,

    Van Dyke VShell server I believe can do this. A trial is available.

    http://vandyke.com/products/vshell/index.html

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  3. Re: SFTP Server (for Windows Server 2003) that can map "networkdrives"

    On 11 Mar, 20:29, comph...@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:
    > gte477k writes:
    > > Hello,

    > > I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the
    > > capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use
    > > to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client.

    > > Many thanks and kind regards,

    > Van Dyke VShell server I believe can do this. *A trial is available.
    >
    > http://vandyke.com/products/vshell/index.html
    >
    > --
    > Todd H.http://www.toddh.net/

    Cygwin can access locally mounted drives, can mount them by falling
    through to the local system commands, and has an SSH server built into
    it. Try www.cygwin.com for that tool.

    The Vandyke tool may be more graceful and a friendlier interface.

  4. Re: SFTP Server (for Windows Server 2003) that can map "networkdrives"

    On 11 Mrz., 21:29, comph...@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:
    > gte477k writes:
    > > Hello,

    > > I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the
    > > capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use
    > > to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client.

    > > Many thanks and kind regards,

    > Van Dyke VShell server I believe can do this. *A trial is available.
    >
    > http://vandyke.com/products/vshell/index.html
    >
    > --
    > Todd H.http://www.toddh.net/

    Hello, thanks for the advice, I installed VShell and with the standard
    properties you can map a network drive (e.g. R: --> R, however, when
    doing a SFTP connection it does not show R:.

    Are you sure that this should work?

    Many thanks and regards,

    Jens

  5. Re: SFTP Server (for Windows Server 2003) that can map "network drives"

    gte477k writes:

    > On 11 Mrz., 21:29, comph...@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:
    >> gte477k writes:
    >> > Hello,

    >> > I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the
    >> > capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use
    >> > to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client.

    >> > Many thanks and kind regards,

    >> Van Dyke VShell server I believe can do this. *A trial is available.
    >>
    >> http://vandyke.com/products/vshell/index.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Todd H.http://www.toddh.net/

    > Hello, thanks for the advice, I installed VShell and with the standard
    > properties you can map a network drive (e.g. R: --> R, however, when
    > doing a SFTP connection it does not show R:.
    >
    > Are you sure that this should work?

    No, not sure, as I've not had that specific requirement in the past.

    What I can say though is that VanDyke's product is top shelf, and
    their support A+. Before giving up, I'd drop their supoprt folks an
    email or some sort of contact and run your needs past them and see if
    it can be configured to do what you want.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

+ Reply to Thread