Forcing both password and PublicKey Authentication - SSH

This is a discussion on Forcing both password and PublicKey Authentication - SSH ; Hi , Is there a way to force openssh server to accept both key_method and password for authentication ? If i enable both, it checks only for one and if it succeeds it does not go for the second one ...

  1. Forcing both password and PublicKey Authentication

    Hi ,

    Is there a way to force openssh server to accept both key_method and
    password for authentication ?

    If i enable both, it checks only for one and if it succeeds it does
    not go for the second one .

    I saw one post and it said no but it is in 2004
    http://www.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/...4-07/0149.html

    Thanks,

    Abey

  2. Re: Forcing both password and PublicKey Authentication

    abeyth@gmail.com wrote:
    > Is there a way to force openssh server to accept both key_method and
    > password for authentication ?
    >
    > If i enable both, it checks only for one and if it succeeds it does
    > not go for the second one .

    Have you tried setting "UseLogin yes" in sshd_config? I think after ssh
    authenticates it hands off to login for an interactive login session. I
    haven't tried "UseLogin yes" myself. It disables X11Forwarding. Also, users
    can specify a shell to use. Can you specify a login shell if you trust the
    useres not to change it?

    Why do you need to authenticate with both a public key and a password?

    I hope this helps,
    - Adam W.

+ Reply to Thread