ssh and .shosts - SSH

This is a discussion on ssh and .shosts - SSH ; I am trying to configure .shosts to work with netgroups via ssh. I am using the standard ssh with Solaris10 9Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL ). I have tried to configure the sshd-config and have set up the .shost file ...

  1. ssh and .shosts

    I am trying to configure .shosts to work with netgroups via ssh. I am
    using the standard ssh with Solaris10 9Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols
    1.5/2.0, OpenSSL ). I have tried to configure the sshd-config and
    have set up the .shost file but it does not seem to be working. Ran
    the ssh in verbose mode as well but did not find anything. Anyone
    know how to get this running. Here is what I have done
    1)created .shosts with entry as
    @hosts @users (confused as to if I need to add a + as docs were not
    clear)
    2) ssh from each host and back to set up know_hosts entries
    3) chmod 600 of .shosts
    4) changed sshd_config entries
    IgnoreRhosts no
    RhostsAuthentication yes
    RhostsRSAAuthentication yes

  2. Re: ssh and .shosts

    LHH> I am trying to configure .shosts to work with netgroups via ssh.
    LHH> I am using the standard ssh with Solaris10 9Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH
    LHH> protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL ). I have tried to configure the
    LHH> sshd-config and have set up the .shost file but it does not seem
    LHH> to be working. Ran the ssh in verbose mode as well but did not
    LHH> find anything. Anyone know how to get this running. Here is
    LHH> what I have done 1)created .shosts with entry as @hosts @users
    LHH> (confused as to if I need to add a + as docs were not clear) 2)
    LHH> ssh from each host and back to set up know_hosts entries 3) chmod
    LHH> 600 of .shosts 4) changed sshd_config entries IgnoreRhosts no
    LHH> RhostsAuthentication yes RhostsRSAAuthentication yes

    You don't want RhostsAuthentication; it's insecure. In any case, both
    that and RhostsRSAAuthentication are protocol 1 only. There's more
    involved in getting hostbase authentication working; look at:

    http://www.snailbook.com/faq/trusted...owto.auto.html

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net