How secure is PPTP VPN? - SSH

This is a discussion on How secure is PPTP VPN? - SSH ; Not extrictly a SSH question, but I know there are many knowledgeable people here. I have noticed a company offering two kind of VPN services, one is slightly more expensive called "SSL VPN Service", the other $1 cheaper a month ...

  1. How secure is PPTP VPN?

    Not extrictly a SSH question, but I know there are many
    knowledgeable people here.

    I have noticed a company offering two kind of VPN
    services, one is slightly more expensive called
    "SSL VPN Service", the other $1 cheaper a month is
    called "PPTP VPN Service".

    The main difference seems to be that SSL VPN uses
    AES 256 encryption whereas "PPTP VPN" uses 128-bit MPPE
    encryption.

    Anyone here knows how easy could be to break a PPTP service
    and 128bit MPPE encryption?

    Just wondering if the "upgrade" to SSL VPN is worth it.

  2. Re: How secure is PPTP VPN?

    http://www.google.at/search?hl=en&q=...e+Search&meta=

    > Just wondering if the "upgrade" to SSL VPN is worth it.

    yes it is worth it.

  3. Re: How secure is PPTP VPN?

    mak wrote :
    > Casper wrote:
    >

    >> Anyone here knows how easy could be to break a PPTP service
    >> and 128bit MPPE encryption?

    > http://www.google.at/search?hl=en&q=...e+Search&meta=
    >
    >> Just wondering if the "upgrade" to SSL VPN is worth it.
    >>

    > yes it is worth it.

    I can see that, but I can also see this:

    http://www.google.at/search?hl=en&q=...es&btnG=Search

+ Reply to Thread