Loggin within PLink - SSH

This is a discussion on Loggin within PLink - SSH ; Hi all, I am using Putty to SSH onto a win2k server. Whilst on the server I need to run telnet and rlogin from the command prompt/DOS shell. This is handled very well by PLink BUT is there any way ...

  1. Loggin within PLink

    Hi all,

    I am using Putty to SSH onto a win2k server. Whilst on the server I
    need to run telnet and rlogin from the command prompt/DOS shell. This
    is handled very well by PLink BUT is there any way to impliment
    logging on Plink? I know it works on putty and I can get putty
    logging just fine but not PLink.

    I have even tried getting plink to use a saved putty profile that
    contains the settings about logging being on etc - still no log is
    written.

    Any help VERY gratefully received. Alternate suggestions for tools to
    replace PLink or Putty that work instead are also welcome :O)

    Thanks

    Moose

  2. Re: Loggin within PLink

    On Jan 10, 3:13 pm, zethw wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am using Putty to SSH onto a win2k server. Whilst on the server I
    > need to run telnet and rlogin from the command prompt/DOS shell. This
    > is handled very well by PLink BUT is there any way to impliment
    > logging on Plink? I know it works on putty and I can get putty
    > logging just fine but not PLink.
    >
    > I have even tried getting plink to use a saved putty profile that
    > contains the settings about logging being on etc - still no log is
    > written.
    >
    > Any help VERY gratefully received. Alternate suggestions for tools to
    > replace PLink or Putty that work instead are also welcome :O)
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Moose

    The command I am using is plink -v -load test
    the test in the commadn relates to a saved session called test that
    has loggin enabled and set to C:\putty.log

    Nothing is being logged at all and the file is not even created when I
    run Plink with the above command.

    if I run putty and load the test session is works fine.

    Cheers all

  3. Re: Loggin within PLink

    Found this elsewhere on the web

    run in dos prompt

    cmd.exe /C plink hostname -pw yourpassword -l youruser any_command > c:
    \putty.log

    This will log to the logfile called putty.log

    Hope it helps
    There is no logging ability in plink at the moment other than the ssh
    logging but that does not show session details

  4. Re: Loggin within PLink

    On Feb 14, 12:33 am, raycruicksh...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Found this elsewhere on the web
    >
    > run in dos prompt
    >
    > cmd.exe /C plink hostname -pw yourpassword -l youruser any_command > c:
    > \putty.log
    >
    > This will log to the logfile called putty.log
    >
    > Hope it helps
    > There is no logging ability in plink at the moment other than the ssh
    > logging but that does not show session details

    OK ray thanks for your help mate - I will give it a try.

    Also manage to do it by using plink.exe xxxxx xxxx xx tee32 test.log

    thanks

+ Reply to Thread