difference between interactive ssh session and non-interactive - SSH

This is a discussion on difference between interactive ssh session and non-interactive - SSH ; Hi, I am getting a segmentation fault from a in house application when I use Putty PLINK and not getting it when using Putty interactive login. Why is the enviroment different between these and how can I make PLINK act ...

  1. difference between interactive ssh session and non-interactive

    Hi,

    I am getting a segmentation fault from a in house application when I
    use Putty PLINK and not getting it when using Putty interactive login.

    Why is the enviroment different between these and how can I make PLINK
    act like the interactive login.

    I have tried manually setting the export'ed values and enabling pty
    allocation but this makes no difference to the error.

    Am I right in thinking that /etc/profile is not called for PLINK which
    is the main problem.

    PLINK gives me a TERM=dumb and Putty TERM=xterm.

    Thanks

  2. Re: difference between interactive ssh session and non-interactive

    Hi everybody,

    I've the same problem, I don't understand why
    Thank you for your help

    Sorry for my approximate english but I'm french
    Last edited by olivier; 05-05-2008 at 08:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread