SecureCRT - SSH

This is a discussion on SecureCRT - SSH ; Hi, does SecureCRT support URL hyperlinking? I mean: consider a URL in the terminal. The terminal should hyperlink the URL for me, meaning that if I hover my mouse on it I can click on it and then view it ...

  1. SecureCRT

    Hi,
    does SecureCRT support URL hyperlinking?
    I mean: consider a URL in the terminal. The terminal should hyperlink
    the URL for me, meaning that if I hover my mouse on it I can click on it
    and then view it on my browser.

    Thanks

  2. Re: SecureCRT

    Michele writes:
    >does SecureCRT support URL hyperlinking?
    >I mean: consider a URL in the terminal. The terminal should hyperlink
    >the URL for me, meaning that if I hover my mouse on it I can click on it
    >and then view it on my browser.

    No, you have to select it, right click and select open as URL.

    They have a free trial though, why not download and try it out?

  3. Re: SecureCRT

    Michele writes:

    > Hi,
    > does SecureCRT support URL hyperlinking?
    > I mean: consider a URL in the terminal. The terminal should hyperlink
    > the URL for me, meaning that if I hover my mouse on it I can click on
    > it and then view it on my browser.

    Yes, put mouse cursor over url, right click Open URL.

    SecureCRT is so friggin good, I have happily paid for it when there's
    free competition in putty. If putty had a less clunky interface,
    VanDyke may have a bit tougher sell, but as is, SecureCRT makes living
    all day in *nix shell terminals quite nice. And the tabbed interface
    is fabulous.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/