Unsupported option "GSSAPIAuthentication" - SSH

This is a discussion on Unsupported option "GSSAPIAuthentication" - SSH ; Hello, On Solaris 8 and 10, when I set the configuration option GSSAPIAuthentication to yes (either in ssh_config or in command line), I see unsupported option error. Could somebody point out where the problem could be? Here are SSH versions ...

  1. Unsupported option "GSSAPIAuthentication"

    Hello,

    On Solaris 8 and 10, when I set the configuration option
    GSSAPIAuthentication to yes (either in ssh_config or in command line),
    I see unsupported option error. Could somebody point out where the
    problem could be?

    Here are SSH versions on these machines:

    dev3:~ amptest$
    dev3:~ devuser$ klist
    Ticket cache: /tmp/krb5cc_107
    Default principal: devuser@ROKDC.COM

    Valid starting Expires
    Service principal
    Mon Dec 17 12:50:57 2007 Mon Dec 17 22:50:57 2007 krbtgt/
    ROKDC.COM@ROKDC.COM
    dev3:~ amptest$
    dev3:~ devuser$ echo $KRB5CCNAME
    /tmp/krb5cc_107
    dev3:~ amptest$
    dev3:~ devuser$ ssh -v -o "GSSAPIAuthentication=yes" dev7.mydomain.com
    OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7e 25 Oct 2004
    command-line line 0: Unsupported option "GSSAPIAuthentication"
    ..
    ..
    ..
    debug1: Host 'dev7.mydomain.com' is known and matches the RSA host
    key.
    debug1: Found key in /export/home/devuser/.ssh/known_hosts:23
    debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
    debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
    debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
    debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
    debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-with-
    mic,password
    debug1: Trying private key: /export/home/amptest/.ssh/identity
    debug1: Trying private key: /export/home/amptest/.ssh/id_rsa
    debug1: Trying private key: /export/home/amptest/.ssh/id_dsa
    debug1: Next authentication method: password
    devuser@dev7.mydomain.com's password:

  2. Re: Unsupported option "GSSAPIAuthentication"

    On 2007-12-17, ranga wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > On Solaris 8 and 10, when I set the configuration option
    > GSSAPIAuthentication to yes (either in ssh_config or in command line),
    > I see unsupported option error. Could somebody point out where the
    > problem could be?

    [...]
    > dev3:~ devuser$ ssh -v -o "GSSAPIAuthentication=yes" dev7.mydomain.com
    > OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7e 25 Oct 2004
    > command-line line 0: Unsupported option "GSSAPIAuthentication"

    Your SSH client was built without Kerberos and GSSAPI support. You
    need to rebuld it with "./configure --with-kerberos5" (assuming you
    have all of the required bits on your system).

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

+ Reply to Thread