PSFTP running as a Scheduled Task under WinXp - SSH

This is a discussion on PSFTP running as a Scheduled Task under WinXp - SSH ; I have PSFTP called from a batch file to login in to an SFTP server and download 4 files. The batch file then renames them and moves them to a directory. This works fine when I manually run the batch ...

  1. PSFTP running as a Scheduled Task under WinXp

    I have PSFTP called from a batch file to login in to an SFTP server
    and download 4 files. The batch file then renames them and moves them
    to a directory. This works fine when I manually run the batch file.
    When I call the batch file as a Scheduled Task, it runs, but whilst
    the files are downloaded they *don't* arrive in the directory that
    PSFTP and the batch file reside (as happens when I run it manually).

    The scheduled task has the "Start In" directory set correctly and runs
    the batch file from my account.

    Any ideas??

    cheers

    mike

  2. Re: PSFTP running as a Scheduled Task under WinXp

    On 20 Nov, 23:13, m...@hsm.org.uk wrote:
    > I have PSFTP called from a batch file to login in to an SFTP server
    > and download 4 files. The batch file then renames them and moves them
    > to a directory. This works fine when I manually run the batch file.
    > When I call the batch file as a Scheduled Task, it runs, but whilst
    > the files are downloaded they *don't* arrive in the directory that
    > PSFTP and the batch file reside (as happens when I run it manually).
    >
    > The scheduled task has the "Start In" directory set correctly and runs
    > the batch file from my account.
    >
    > Any ideas??
    >
    > cheers

    I've not tried automating SFTP with Putty's tools, but why not put in
    CygWin and use "rsync -e ssh"?

+ Reply to Thread