SSH tunnel + VNC + putty -> connection suspend - SSH

This is a discussion on SSH tunnel + VNC + putty -> connection suspend - SSH ; Hi, I installed a SSH server on A. I have putty and a VNC server on B. With a VNC listener on A, i can control B (with "add new client"). But, when i want to edit current putty session ...

  1. SSH tunnel + VNC + putty -> connection suspend

    Hi,

    I installed a SSH server on A.
    I have putty and a VNC server on B.
    With a VNC listener on A, i can control B (with "add new client").

    But, when i want to edit current putty session with A & VNCviewer
    (with a click on the icon in the upper left on the putty window), the
    SSH tunnel suspends.
    I have to ask to someone who is near the computer do "unblock" putty.

    Is it normal ?
    Have I to change an option ?

    Sorry for my english

    thx

  2. Re: SSH tunnel + VNC + putty -> connection suspend

    On Nov 16, 12:04 pm, Tocardo wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I installed a SSH server on A.
    > I have putty and a VNC server on B.
    > With a VNC listener on A, i can control B (with "add new client").
    >
    > But, when i want to edit current putty session with A & VNCviewer
    > (with a click on the icon in the upper left on the putty window), the
    > SSH tunnel suspends.
    > I have to ask to someone who is near the computer do "unblock" putty.
    >
    > Is it normal ?
    > Have I to change an option ?
    >
    > Sorry for my english
    >
    > thx

    I have done VNC through SSH.. with putty and without putty.

    but I never changed settings during.

    What icon are you referring to in the putty window? The putty window
    that paunches when you I run putty.exe is a configuration screen
    http://www.unixwiz.net/images/putty-openssh-3.gif

    what setting did you change?

    I don`t know much about the settings. But anyhow.

  3. Re: SSH tunnel + VNC + putty -> connection suspend

    On 18 nov, 17:11, "jameshanle...@yahoo.co.uk"
    wrote:
    > On Nov 16, 12:04 pm, Tocardo wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > I installed a SSH server on A.
    > > I have putty and a VNC server on B.
    > > With a VNC listener on A, i can control B (with "add new client").

    > > But, when i want to edit current putty session with A & VNCviewer
    > > (with a click on the icon in the upper left on the putty window), the
    > > SSH tunnel suspends.
    > > I have to ask to someone who is near the computer do "unblock" putty.

    > > Is it normal ?
    > > Have I to change an option ?

    > > Sorry for my english

    > > thx

    > I have done VNC through SSH.. with putty and without putty.
    >
    > but I never changed settings during.
    >
    > What icon are you referring to in the putty window? The putty window
    > that paunches when you I run putty.exe is a configuration screenhttp://www.unixwiz.net/images/putty-openssh-3.gif
    >
    > what setting did you change?
    >
    > I don`t know much about the settings. But anyhow.

    A person open putty & log to my ssh server.
    When VNC is open, when i try to move putty's window or when i try to
    click on the icon on the opened putty (with the prompt, the icon in
    the upper bar), it seems that the connexion is suspended.

    So i can't change any settings throw VNC ..

  4. Re: SSH tunnel + VNC + putty -> connection suspend

    On Nov 19, 7:50 am, Tocardo wrote:
    > On 18 nov, 17:11, "jameshanle...@yahoo.co.uk"
    >

    > wrote:
    > > On Nov 16, 12:04 pm, Tocardo wrote:

    > > > Hi,

    > > > I installed a SSH server on A.
    > > > I have putty and a VNC server on B.
    > > > With a VNC listener on A, i can control B (with "add new client").

    > > > But, when i want to edit current putty session with A & VNCviewer
    > > > (with a click on the icon in the upper left on the putty window), the
    > > > SSH tunnel suspends.
    > > > I have to ask to someone who is near the computer do "unblock" putty.

    > > > Is it normal ?
    > > > Have I to change an option ?

    > > > Sorry for my english

    > > > thx

    > > I have done VNC through SSH.. with putty and without putty.

    > > but I never changed settings during.

    > > What icon are you referring to in the putty window? The putty window
    > > that paunches when you I run putty.exe is a configuration screenhttp://www.unixwiz.net/images/putty-openssh-3.gif

    > > what setting did you change?

    > > I don`t know much about the settings. But anyhow.

    > A person open putty & log to my ssh server.
    > When VNC is open, when i try to move putty's window or when i try to
    > click on the icon on the opened putty (with the prompt, the icon in
    > the upper bar), it seems that the connexion is suspended.
    >
    > So i can't change any settings throw VNC ..-

    If you are just using VNC you don`t need that putty window with the
    shell once you logged in. Can you minimise it?
    Why try to change settings in the middle of the connection?

    If you look here
    this shows the options that OpenSSH client, an alternative to putty,
    but it has the same options.
    http://erdelynet.com/2002/10/02/ssh/vnc-through-ssh/
    Putty has the same options. Try something like
    c:\crp>putty -T -L 6000:127.0.0.1:6006 -N Administrator@192.168.0.3

    See, it adds -T and -N. This suppresses the command window somewhat.
    It prevents the bash shell from being spawned. You don`t need it. You
    just want to secure VNC

    You could try the OpenSSH client. instead of putty. (it has can be
    installed in cygwin, or a version exists as "a windows port")
    What SSH server are you using?
    OpenSSH has a client and a server. If you are using the OpenSSH
    server , then may as well use the client.

    It sounds a bit like an OS error you are getting. Like with windows
    xp. Have a look in event viewer. See if any errors occur at the time
    of the crashes. Make it crash and check straight after what errors
    there are if any.

    If in windows.

  5. Re: SSH tunnel + VNC + putty -> connection suspend

    On 19 nov, 10:39, "jameshanle...@yahoo.co.uk"
    wrote:
    > On Nov 19, 7:50 am, Tocardo wrote:
    >

    > > On 18 nov, 17:11, "jameshanle...@yahoo.co.uk"

    > > wrote:

    > > > I have done VNC through SSH.. with putty and without putty.

    > > > but I never changed settings during.

    > > > What icon are you referring to in the putty window? The putty window
    > > > that paunches when you I run putty.exe is a configuration screenhttp://www.unixwiz.net/images/putty-openssh-3.gif

    > > > what setting did you change?

    > > > I don`t know much about the settings. But anyhow.

    > > A person open putty & log to my ssh server.
    > > When VNC is open, when i try to move putty's window or when i try to
    > > click on the icon on the opened putty (with the prompt, the icon in
    > > the upper bar), it seems that the connexion is suspended.

    > > So i can't change any settings throw VNC ..-

    > If you are just using VNC you don`t need that putty window with the
    > shell once you logged in. Can you minimise it?
    > Why try to change settings in the middle of the connection?
    >
    > If you look here
    > this shows the options that OpenSSH client, an alternative to putty,
    > but it has the same options.http://erdelynet.com/2002/10/02/ssh/vnc-through-ssh/
    > Putty has the same options. Try something like
    > c:\crp>putty -T -L 6000:127.0.0.1:6006 -N Administra...@192.168.0.3
    >
    > See, it adds -T and -N. This suppresses the command window somewhat.
    > It prevents the bash shell from being spawned. You don`t need it. You
    > just want to secure VNC
    >
    > You could try the OpenSSH client. instead of putty. (it has can be
    > installed in cygwin, or a version exists as "a windows port")
    > What SSH server are you using?
    > OpenSSH has a client and a server. If you are using the OpenSSH
    > server , then may as well use the client.
    >
    > It sounds a bit like an OS error you are getting. Like with windows
    > xp. Have a look in event viewer. See if any errors occur at the time
    > of the crashes. Make it crash and check straight after what errors
    > there are if any.
    >
    > If in windows.

    Well, strange "bug" ... because today the problem is no more here ...
    I don't think i changed a putty option ...

    Now i have a new problem, but "it's an another story"

    Thank you for your patience

+ Reply to Thread