OpenSSH on Windows 2003 SFTP File permisssions - SSH

This is a discussion on OpenSSH on Windows 2003 SFTP File permisssions - SSH ; I apologize in advance as this is my first post.. I have installed openssh on a Windows 2003 server and am using Filezilla as the client. Basic functionality sftp is working fine. I require 2 users - 1 that puts ...

  1. OpenSSH on Windows 2003 SFTP File permisssions

    I apologize in advance as this is my first post..

    I have installed openssh on a Windows 2003 server and am using
    Filezilla as the client. Basic functionality sftp is working fine.

    I require 2 users - 1 that puts files up to the server and 1 that gets
    the files and then deletes the file afterwards. My issue is that the
    second user who gets the file cannot delete it as the permission on
    the file is independent of the ntfs perms and only the user who puts
    the file there has enough perms to delete it.

    Does anyone know how I can pass the ntfs perms or how I can assign the
    appropriate perms to any incoming files? I think my openssh is the
    'stripped down' version vs the one included within a cygwin
    installation.

    Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: OpenSSH on Windows 2003 SFTP File permisssions

    On 14 Nov, 16:51, D wrote:
    > I apologize in advance as this is my first post..
    >
    > I have installed openssh on a Windows 2003 server and am using
    > Filezilla as the client. Basic functionality sftp is working fine.
    >
    > I require 2 users - 1 that puts files up to the server and 1 that gets
    > the files and then deletes the file afterwards. My issue is that the
    > second user who gets the file cannot delete it as the permission on
    > the file is independent of the ntfs perms and only the user who puts
    > the file there has enough perms to delete it.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can pass the ntfs perms or how I can assign the
    > appropriate perms to any incoming files? I think my openssh is the
    > 'stripped down' version vs the one included within a cygwin
    > installation.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance.

    SFTP is not what you want for this. The lack of a chroot cage or other
    restriction is a long-standing issue with OpenSSH for simple upload
    repositories. But if you have to use this, you can use the same user
    on the server side and give the two guests SSH public key access to
    the same account, which would allow them both to write to the same
    repository.

    What I would *suggest* is WebDAV/HTTPS, which uses Apache
    configurations to restrict the operations of individual users quite
    effectively. Or even a Subversion with ssh+svnserve, restricting
    "create" operations to one user, and "delete" operations to the other
    using the svnperms usitilities would work.

+ Reply to Thread