SFTP problems - SSH

This is a discussion on SFTP problems - SSH ; I am trying to help a buddy out. We can run the SFTP command manually and it connects and copies the file that we want. We do the same thing from Oracle Forms on Windows and SFTP is hanging and ...

  1. SFTP problems

    I am trying to help a buddy out. We can run the SFTP command manually
    and it connects and copies the file that we want. We do the same thing
    from Oracle Forms on Windows and SFTP is hanging and from the Unix
    logs we are trying to connect to it isn't even initiating a connection
    when automated through OF.

    The directory permissions and user sending/receiving are fine.

    Despite the ugliness of having to do it this way, do you have any
    suggestions.

    Robert

  2. Re: SFTP problems

    Robert Hicks writes:

    > I am trying to help a buddy out. We can run the SFTP command manually
    > and it connects and copies the file that we want.

    Okay, the ssh aspect of things seems to be working.

    > We do the same thing from Oracle Forms on Windows and SFTP is
    > hanging and from the Unix logs we are trying to connect to it isn't
    > even initiating a connection when automated through OF.

    As this isn't an Oracle-centric forum, I'm not sure how many eyes
    you'll catch that have actually used this functionality. This may be
    a question worth also posting to an Oracle-themed audience. It seems
    that the problem lies more in Oracle's software here than ssh anyway?
    If your buddy pays for Oracle support, sounds like a good opportunity
    to get some use out of it. :-)

    Apologies if I've misunderstood the problem though.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  3. Re: SFTP problems

    On Nov 9, 11:58 am, comph...@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:
    > Robert Hicks writes:
    > > I am trying to help a buddy out. We can run the SFTP command manually
    > > and it connects and copies the file that we want.

    > Okay, the ssh aspect of things seems to be working.
    >
    > > We do the same thing from Oracle Forms on Windows and SFTP is
    > > hanging and from the Unix logs we are trying to connect to it isn't
    > > even initiating a connection when automated through OF.

    > As this isn't an Oracle-centric forum, I'm not sure how many eyes
    > you'll catch that have actually used this functionality. This may be
    > a question worth also posting to an Oracle-themed audience. It seems
    > that the problem lies more in Oracle's software here than ssh anyway?
    > If your buddy pays for Oracle support, sounds like a good opportunity
    > to get some use out of it. :-)
    >
    > Apologies if I've misunderstood the problem though.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > --
    > Todd H.http://www.toddh.net/

    That is what I was thinking but thought someone on here might have run
    into it. I am also pursuing the Oracle side as well. Thanks...

    Robert

  4. Re: SFTP problems

    On 9 Nov, 16:03, Robert Hicks wrote:
    > I am trying to help a buddy out. We can run the SFTP command manually
    > and it connects and copies the file that we want. We do the same thing
    > from Oracle Forms on Windows and SFTP is hanging and from the Unix
    > logs we are trying to connect to it isn't even initiating a connection
    > when automated through OF.
    >
    > The directory permissions and user sending/receiving are fine.
    >
    > Despite the ugliness of having to do it this way, do you have any
    > suggestions.
    >
    > Robert

    You're sftp'ing logs that are, perchance, being written to while you
    copy them? That could be an issue. And remember that sftp isn't,
    really, FTP. It lacks a huge number of FTP's features.

    What happens if you do "rsync -e ssh" to get them?

+ Reply to Thread