SSH hanging upon exit - SSH

This is a discussion on SSH hanging upon exit - SSH ; Hi, I am running OpenSSH 4.5p1 and OpenSSL 0.9.8d on a Solaris 8 system. Imagine this desired scenario: Step 1) localclient# ssh -l root someremotebox.somedomain Step 2) remoteclient# doing stuff here... Step 3) remoteclient# exit Step 4) localclient# Instead, in ...

  1. SSH hanging upon exit

    Hi,

    I am running OpenSSH 4.5p1 and OpenSSL 0.9.8d
    on a Solaris 8 system.

    Imagine this desired scenario:

    Step 1) localclient# ssh -l root someremotebox.somedomain

    Step 2) remoteclient# doing stuff here...

    Step 3) remoteclient# exit

    Step 4) localclient#

    Instead, in reality, of the remote shell returning
    to the local prompt (Step 4), the entire remote
    connection (Step 3), hangs.

    This was not true in our prior OpenSSH/OpenSSL.

    Anyone seen this one or have a workaround (besides
    rolling back to the prior version.)

    Thanks ahead,

    --Stuart

  2. Re: SSH hanging upon exit

    CC> Hi, I am running OpenSSH 4.5p1 and OpenSSL 0.9.8d on a Solaris 8
    CC> system.

    CC> Imagine this desired scenario:

    CC> Step 1) localclient# ssh -l root someremotebox.somedomain

    CC> Step 2) remoteclient# doing stuff here...

    CC> Step 3) remoteclient# exit

    CC> Step 4) localclient#

    CC> Instead, in reality, of the remote shell returning to the local
    CC> prompt (Step 4), the entire remote connection (Step 3), hangs.

    CC> This was not true in our prior OpenSSH/OpenSSL.

    CC> Anyone seen this one or have a workaround (besides rolling back to
    CC> the prior version.)

    CC> Thanks ahead,

    CC> --Stuart

    Perhaps: