    I've attempted to restart the daemon, even on a different port.

    :-(

  2. Re: Anyone ever seen this?

    On 2007-10-26, david wrote:
    > sshd[2822]: error: openpty: No such file or directory
    >
    > I've attempted to restart the daemon, even on a different port.

    It might help if you mention which software you're running and on
    which platform you're running it.

    If it's Linux, you might want to check that /dev/pts is mounted. For
    most other systems (and older Linuxes for that matter) you might
    want to check if you've run out of pseudoterminals and that you
    actually *have* the device nodes for them.

    If it's the latter, some variant of "(cd /dev/ && ./MAKEDEV pty)"
    might help (see your platform's documentation).

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

+ Reply to Thread