SSH Analysis : ever tried ? - SSH

This is a discussion on SSH Analysis : ever tried ? - SSH ; Hello, SSH Analysis This page demonstrates analysing a captured command line SSH session to estimate original commands typed. This is not a flaw in SSH - SSH is a great protocol regardless of these techniques; rather this is a demonstration ...

  1. SSH Analysis : ever tried ?

    Hello,

    SSH Analysis
    This page demonstrates analysing a captured command line SSH session to
    estimate original commands typed. This is not a flaw in SSH - SSH is a
    great protocol regardless of these techniques; rather this is a
    demonstration on what can possibly be deduced from the analysis of
    encrypted traffic.

    Did someone ever tried this ?
    http://www.brendangregg.com/sshanalysis.html

  2. Re: SSH Analysis : ever tried ?

    http://www.usenix.org/publications/l...ec01/song.html

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

  3. Re: SSH Analysis : ever tried ?

    On 2007-10-18, ChapiChapo wrote:

    > This page demonstrates analysing a captured command line SSH session to
    > estimate original commands typed. This is not a flaw in SSH - SSH is a
    > great protocol regardless of these techniques; rather this is a
    > demonstration on what can possibly be deduced from the analysis of
    > encrypted traffic.
    >
    > Did someone ever tried this ?
    > http://www.brendangregg.com/sshanalysis.html

    Work like this has been done by 2 independent teams in 2001.
    David Wagner & Dawn Song
    Solar Designer & Dug Song

    http://www.notatla.org.uk/goen/

  4. Re: SSH Analysis : ever tried ?

    In article , elvis-85473
    @notatla.org.uk says...
    > On 2007-10-18, ChapiChapo wrote:
    >
    > > This page demonstrates analysing a captured command line SSH session to
    > > estimate original commands typed. This is not a flaw in SSH - SSH is a
    > > great protocol regardless of these techniques; rather this is a
    > > demonstration on what can possibly be deduced from the analysis of
    > > encrypted traffic.
    > >
    > > Did someone ever tried this ?
    > > http://www.brendangregg.com/sshanalysis.html

    > Work like this has been done by 2 independent teams in 2001.
    > David Wagner & Dawn Song
    > Solar Designer & Dug Song

    Thanks.
    I though that the timing attacks on SSH were only usable on SSH v1.

  5. Re: SSH Analysis : ever tried ?

    On 2007-10-19, ChapiChapo wrote:

    > I though that the timing attacks on SSH were only usable on SSH v1.

    SSH v1 is worse but the timing may be about equally problematic in
    both as long as the server is echoing single characters.

    http://www.openwall.com/advisories/O...ffic-analysis/

    http://www.notatla.org.uk/goen/

+ Reply to Thread