nfs over ssh - SSH

This is a discussion on nfs over ssh - SSH ; Hi, In work I there is a system called pubshare. There is a folder on it called /software which is exported via NFS. On my own machine "goblin" I mount /software to /opt/software. At home I can't access pubshare or ...

  1. nfs over ssh

    Hi,

    In work I there is a system called pubshare. There is a folder on it
    called /software which is exported via NFS.
    On my own machine "goblin" I mount /software to /opt/software.

    At home I can't access pubshare or my own work machine directly, but I
    can ssh to a machine called remote-access. From there I can telnet/
    shh to "goblin".

    Is there anyway to mount the nfs share /software from my home machine,
    using ssh? Or is this beyond the capabilities?

  2. Re: nfs over ssh

    DaveJ wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > In work I there is a system called pubshare. There is a folder on it
    > called /software which is exported via NFS.
    > On my own machine "goblin" I mount /software to /opt/software.
    >
    > At home I can't access pubshare or my own work machine directly, but I
    > can ssh to a machine called remote-access. From there I can telnet/
    > shh to "goblin".
    >
    > Is there anyway to mount the nfs share /software from my home machine,
    > using ssh? Or is this beyond the capabilities?

    http://www.math.ualberta.ca/imaging/snfs/
    http://www.howtoforge.com/nfs_ssh_tunneling
    http://www.samag.com/documents/s=407...d/sam0203d.htm

+ Reply to Thread