    Thanks!

    Ryan

  2. Re: Securing

    On 2007-10-16, DJ-Ryan wrote:
    > We would like to implement openssh and I will admit that I have usable
    > *nix experience. I have followed the directions and gotten the server
    > up and running on a windows 2003 server but how do I secure it so that
    > a user can not go up past their home directory.

    If the server was on Unix, you could use chroot.

    > Any way of doing this? Any sort of OpenSSH for dummies directions? ;-)
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Ryan

  3. Re: Securing

    On Oct 16, 11:32 am, Ignoramus1841
    wrote:
    > On 2007-10-16, DJ-Ryan wrote:
    >
    > > We would like to implement openssh and I will admit that I have usable
    > > *nix experience. I have followed the directions and gotten the server
    > > up and running on a windows 2003 server but how do I secure it so that
    > > a user can not go up past their home directory.

    > If the server was on Unix, you could use chroot.

    > > Any way of doing this? Any sort of OpenSSH for dummies directions? ;-)

    > > Thanks!

    > > Ryan- Hide quoted text -

    ok so what if you don't have *nix? I am using Cygwin.

  4. Re: Securing

    "DJ-Ryan" wrote in message
    news:1192568560.641768.212840@e9g2000prf.googlegro ups.com...
    > On Oct 16, 11:32 am, Ignoramus1841
    > wrote:
    >> On 2007-10-16, DJ-Ryan wrote:
    >>
    >> > We would like to implement openssh and I will admit that I have usable
    >> > *nix experience. I have followed the directions and gotten the server
    >> > up and running on a windows 2003 server but how do I secure it so that
    >> > a user can not go up past their home directory.

    >> If the server was on Unix, you could use chroot.

    >> > Any way of doing this? Any sort of OpenSSH for dummies directions? ;-)

    >> > Thanks!

    >> > Ryan- Hide quoted text -

    > ok so what if you don't have *nix? I am using Cygwin.

    This FAQ entry from the copSSH site may be of help...

    http://www.itefix.no/phpws/index.php...view&FAQ_id=23

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...