    Thanks,
    John

  2. Re: What's the newset version of OpenSSH for Windows?

    On 2007-10-12, jmartzoo-google@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I've found 3.8.1.p1 at http://sshwindows.sourceforge.net/

    That project appears to have been abandonded for years. I wish they
    would either update it or take it down.

    > But I'm reading in messages that there are "4." versions out there
    > (http://tinyurl.com/2asuvc mentions 4.2). Have any newer versions
    > been compile and distributed for Windows?

    A current OpenSSH is shipped with Cygwin. If you want a prepackaged
    one (still based on Cygwin, though) similar to the above, try CopSSH
    (linked from openssh.com/windows.html).

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

  3. Re: What's the newset version of OpenSSH for Windows?

    On Oct 15, 11:25 pm, Darren Tucker wrote:
    > On 2007-10-12, jmartzoo-goo...@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    > > I've found 3.8.1.p1 athttp://sshwindows.sourceforge.net/

    > That project appears to have been abandonded for years. I wish they
    > would either update it or take it down.
    >
    > > But I'm reading in messages that there are "4." versions out there
    > > (http://tinyurl.com/2asuvcmentions 4.2). Have any newer versions
    > > been compile and distributed for Windows?

    > A current OpenSSH is shipped with Cygwin. If you want a prepackaged
    > one (still based on Cygwin, though) similar to the above, try CopSSH
    > (linked from openssh.com/windows.html).
    >
    > --
    > Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    > GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4 37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69
    > Good judgement comes with experience. Unfortunately, the experience
    > usually comes from bad judgement.

    Thanks Darren... it's installed now.

    Is there any way to add the DOS %compsec% shell to the list of
    available? I can navigate in bash, but the rest of the gang is all
    Microsoft.

+ Reply to Thread